Monday, November 19, 2012

New HMS clinic in UK



Great news for HMS patients in the UK! 

Professor Rodney Graham, one of the world’s foremost experts on hypermobility, has led the foundation of a new Hypermobility Unit at the Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth in London. This cutting edge clinic, which also features doctors Alan Hakim and Hannah Kazkaz, both rheumatologists, will combine the services of gastroenterologists, geneticists, physiotherapists, pain psychologists, pediatricians and podiatrists to treat the whole HMS patient. Physiotherapist Rosemary Keer, who has co-authored two books with Dr. Graham, will also be working as part of this healthcare team from a separate location. This is now the largest and most specialized clinic in the private (non-NHS) section in the UK. I highly recommend that HMS patients living in the UK take advantage of this wonderful resource, it might take several months to get an appointment, but it is well worth the wait to get this level of care!

I want to applaud Dr. Graham for helping to make the UK a world leader when it comes to awareness, research, and treatment of hypermobility syndrome. He has created a holistic, compassionate system of care which I hope other countries will begin to emulate soon. Thank you Dr. Graham for your unwavering support of HMS patients and for fighting so hard to get this disorder the awareness and respect it deserves - you have truly touched the lives of patients around the world!

The unit is still working on creating a website, but information about the clinic can be found here - http://www.orthopaedicunit.org.uk/hypermobility-consultants

Love and Hope,
Chelsea

18 comments:

  1. Physical Therapist is a one kind of procurement process of human being.plz. visit npteexam.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to do physical therapy when my patients suffers back pain, fractures and etc. To gain more information, I usually do research some websites or online physical therapist schools that features different articles. Click here for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least some people on the area can get easily to a hospital.

    website

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also try the Chiropractor for your back pain.

    Regards,
    Sheena
    Seattle Chiropractor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your nice posting and learn more knowledge about many good clinic that is very helpful for all. If you want to know therapist should be go occupational therapist schools and contact our service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The information provided by you is really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information..
    For more info visit us: physical therapy in new jersey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a 14 year old student whom for an independent project is studying hypermobility and depression for EPQ (Extended Project Qualification). For my studies I have composed a survey asking for opinions to help me with my project. If possible, could you share it on you blog or with others? This goes for any conditions related to hypermobility - not just EDS but conditions such as Osteogenesis imperfecta, Lupus, downs Syndrome and many others. If you want to take a look, link is here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16B488Ge19LK2eIwHydXOWs1cT8JarNLMFQufffw-524/viewform

    Thanks vey much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this useful information.For more about Pain Management Chicago ilVisit the link

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting!! I never considered it that way. I came across this site as of late which I suppose it will be an incredible utilization of new plans and informations.
    PRP Hair Restoration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I sort of doubt this will be seen or responded to from the looks of it, but I just discovered this site and I'm really hoping you can help me. I am positive I have JHS/HMS but have yet to be diagnosed. I also have chronic pain and scoliosis. Obviously it's all related, but I'm beginning to understand that they hypermobility is far more of a culprt for the pain and many other symptoms I have than I originally realized... Can you please offer me any advice for hypermobility+scoliosis? I'm interested in physical therapy and whatever else I can do to treat it, but it's probably going to be different since the scoliosis is severe... I really appreciate what you've done here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I sort of doubt this will be seen or responded to from the looks of it, but I just discovered this site and I'm really hoping you can help me. I am positive I have JHS/HMS but have yet to be diagnosed. I also have chronic pain and scoliosis. Obviously it's all related, but I'm beginning to understand that they hypermobility is far more of a culprt for the pain and many other symptoms I have than I originally realized... Can you please offer me any advice for hypermobility+scoliosis? I'm interested in physical therapy and whatever else I can do to treat it, but it's probably going to be different since the scoliosis is severe... I really appreciate what you've done here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great information on your site here. I love this post because we can get some useful information from your blog. I expect more post from you guys.
    Weight Loss management

    ReplyDelete